Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Here comes another.....

Yes, here comes another storm. They are predicting up to 15 inches of snow with possibly 1 inch of ice underneath. Have spent the last two days preparing. Plenty of feed, hay for everyone. Water troughs clean and full. Hoses rolled up and put away. De icer's in and ready to go. Fire wood in the house. Laundry and dishes done. Food in the pantry. Let's see, flashlights, weight in the pickup, boots, blankets. Alcohol for the gas lines. Might have to explain that. We have an oil/gas well and our gas comes from the well. At a certain temp. the gas lines freeze and wallah no heat, hot water, stove. But if you put this alcohol in the lines it keeps it from freezing. Good thing my husband is the expert on all that stuff. Lets see, what else. Well, I think we're ready.

It has been nice weather for 2 days now, and I got to work Trucker, thank goodness. Think it will be baby steps right now, but it is progress from the funk I have been in. Getting more motivated. I am sure my family has given up on me. Haven't called to check in on anyone lately. I am sure Robert and JR are doing fine. They have their own weather problems with rain. Justin and Sara and the kids have backup near by. Chris, Clint and Casey have food, etc. They will all just have to understand that I have been busy and trying to get my mind wrapped around the horses and then wham, gotta get ready for taxes also. This weekend will be a good time to do that if we get all that snow and ice. Won't be able to do much else. I will try to call everyone too!

For now, need to go feed and check everything again, cause I have to work for the next 3 days also. Always when the weather is bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment