Monday, October 12, 2009

Wow!

Well, survived the weekend.  We decided to go on the trail ride to benifit Diabetes Education for the community put on by the Hospital here.  I worked Tues., Wens., and Thurs. night.  It rained Thurs., alot!  I think we got over 5 inches of rain.  It didn't flood too bad but Friday when I went to feed the girls, the ones going on the trail ride early Sat. morning they were covered in mud and had burrs in their mains and tails, lots of burrs.  UUGGGGGG.  They didn't look like that that morning, what were they thinking!!!!   So, on the spur of the moment I hooked up the trailer and Sally helped me move them over to the house and put them in the stalls there.  We would just have to start at daybreak to try to clean them up.  And it would be cold so probably no bath either.

Saturday morning I was up at 5 o'clock making sure all saddles and bridles were ready.  Oh, by the way, Marlin was out of town and didn't get back until about 1 o'clock in the morning Saturday morning so I was on my own getting stuff ready until Sally got here.  Sally arrived at 7:15 while I was feeding.  She started working on burrs and mud.  Fiqured we had to leave by 8:15 to get there on time.  Somehow we did it, got them cleaned up, the trailer loaded and everyone in the trailer.  Off to the ride.

It was very cold, 34 degrees when I got up, but everyone was ready.  The ride was on a ranch just 20 minutes from the house.  It was wonderful, very scenic.  Sally took 141 pictures.



Saddling up in the morning.



Marlin and Garry, Marlin with new hat



Everyone is ready to start.

Was a good turnout and some even spent the night Friday night.  Too cold for me.  No electric or water on site.  The horses were feeling pretty good with the cold weather and someone on a paint got bucked off before everyone was ready to go.  What a way to start your day.  Guess it was like the old cowboy days.  But the sun was shining, no clouds and no rain!  I was a little nervous.  We had the only arabians there and I was the only one riding in an english saddle.  Just call me crazy.  Well 9:30 and time to start the show!

More to come...........

No comments:

Post a Comment