Thursday, October 15, 2009

Road Trip!

Wensday was the day.  Time to take the horse trailer back to my dad's house so the dogs have a warm place for the winter.  We got up early, feed, gassed up the truck.  Made lots of coffee and filled the thermoses and ON THE ROAD AGAIN!  Left home at 8:00 am and headed for Cabot. AR.  It's just  a little ways outside Little Rock.  Yesterday was a dreary, rainy day anyway.  The trip went fine, made it to the house by 1:30 pm and then got to visit for a little while.  Always nice to visit, and my older brother was there too.  Had some good laughs, caught up on some doctor stuff and then back in the truck for the trip home.  We made it home in time to watch the 10 o'clock news.  It was another whirlwind tour that we are known for.  Couldn't have done it without Sally's help.  She fed in the evening for me.  I don't think she knows how much I appreciate that!  Knowing your leaving someone in charge that is going to take good care of the horses is such a relief!!!



This is Moochy and Hoss, a mother/son team.  He loves his momma.




This is Bonnie, my cat.  I leave her there because I don't think she would make the trip and adjustment well.  She is approximately 20 years old and is perfectly content to live on the back porch, catch birds and mice and chase off the local raccoon that tries to eat her food.




This is dad.  He keeps it all running smooth down there.  Works to hard most of the time.




This is Sherman, (as in tank).  He is a purebred Walking Horse my mom raised.




This is Ravven, mom's pride and joy.  Registered TWH.  She is between 25 and 30 years old.  Not sure.  She is the momma to Sherman and Calley.




And this is Calley, Ravven's first foal.  She is also a registered TWH.  She was being standoffish.

Some how I didn't get any pictures of JR or my brother.  Have to get some next time.  It was a good trip though, and great to see everyone.  Now back to work and reality....

1 comment:

  1. Okay, don't take this the wrong way but...I like your cat. She's got a good vibe-even in pictures!

    ReplyDelete