Monday, August 17, 2009

Well, it's been a while.....

Alot has happened since last posting. Starting with a week ago last Friday. Came home from work, normal morning, got ready for bed, in bed by 8am. Deep sleep, "Honey, wake up, the horses are out..." What!?! I was dressed and out the door, carrying my shoes of course before my husband! First thing I see as I run into the front yard is horses running. Looks like Gracie and Soli on the outside of the fence, boys are still in, so much dust, running towards the corner. I run down the driveway, still carrying my shoes! "Get a bucket of feed!" I yell as I run out the driveway, the horses turn back and run towards the highway, OH HELL! Running down the road, turn the corner, boys still in pen, where's the hole in the fence, where's the horses that are out, they've gone around the next corner by the highway, hurry up. Still carrying my shoes, running through the grass and weeds. Heart pounding. Round the next corner, wait, no horses on the wrong side of the fence. Count, 1,2,3, 4, there's Soli and Gracie, in their pen, oh no yearlings, 1,2,3,4,5, momma, baby, WHAT! They are all in. Who was that...My husband yell's, dark bay going toward the station! But there isn't one, he can't see out here. Look, hole in fence, yearling pen, but they're all up? Fix fence. Here comes Sweety, ah ha! She's in the pen but has cuts and scrapes, fresh ones. She put herself up and I bet Rachel was out with her.



Well the fence got fixed and I managed to get my heart to calm down, then nervously went back to bed. Oh, by the way, I put my shoes on when I realized they were all up in the pens. That is just one 5 minute period in my life. Other than that pretty calm weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment