Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hello...

It has been awhile.  I believe since before Thanksgiving.  We celebrated Thanksgiving on Wensday because I had to work Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  It turned out pretty good.  Marlin's sons were there, Chris with his daughter Kylie, Clint and Casey.  Mom was there, and of course Marlin and myself.  The meal was good.  I fixed brocholi and cauliflower with homemade cheese sauce and the picky eaters didn't eat any which left it all for me!!  If they only knew what they missed out on.  It is a tradition in my family, and is served at all the good meals, except breakfast of  course.  They all ate plain green beans and turkey and dressing and crescant rolls and lots of mashed potatoes and gravy.  I made mom backed sweat potatoes because dad and her always wanted that for Thanksgiving.  I bought the pies this year just to save time and they were good.  Then after everyone was stuffed we sat around and visited for a long time.  Lots of laughs.  It was a good Thanksgiving, lots to be thankful for.

Then it was back to work.  Seems like lately that is all I seem to get accomplished, is making it to work on time.  It has been very busy, lots of pneumonia.  A few overdoses, it is that time of year.  Sad.

Haven't been working much with the horses even though I know I really need to get busy.  Horse show season will be here and I won't be ready.  With deer season, that seemed to last for ever, the barn has been on hold.  Can't ride while everyone is out in the deer woods with big guns either. 

The horses have been real energetic lately but they quit playing when I go out to video them.  I keep trying.  Have some short videos from one morning when I got off work.  Need to fiqure out how to put them on here.  Need to discuss this with my IT person......OOOOOHHHHHHHH SSSAAAAALLLLYY!!!  Oh well, she's at work.

Making plans for a possible endurance ride in May.  It's sounds like fun.  Have to see how it goes!  Oh yea, need to start working horses.  Hhmmmm.  Gotta get motivated!!!!!  Don't know whats wrong with me.  And now it is bitterly cold so I don't think they'll like that too much.

Getting ready for Christmas, and yes it is CHRISTMAS, NOT HOLIDAY or some such.  Drives me crazy when someone thinks that politily correct is the way to go.  Remember, THE REASON FOR THE SEASON, along with lots of gifts and family get togethers and visiting and surprises and........

Think it will be a good Christmas, hoping, wanting......

Well, that catches me up to tonight.  Marlin went to see the boys and stay at their appartment in Stillwater tonight, sooooooo, I am here all alone with the dog coco and the cats, Ms. Black and Earl Grey.  Have a fire in the fireplace, hot chocolate to drink and made a crockpot full of deer chili, MMMMMMMMMMMM....It is 13 degrees outside so these are all really good things!  Doubt I get much horse working done tomorrow, probably be breaking ice and thawing out water hoses.  Cold is always better with snow, at least it is pretty to look at out the window. 

Well, I think I'll get back to the address book and making out a Christmas letter for everyone.  Maybe pictures next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment